Boys Lacrosse Youth Rules:
- The Contact/Coach for all teams must be an adult. No one under 21 may coach a team.
- No food, gum, or flavored beverages (including Gatorade) allowed on the track or turf fields. Water is permitted.
- NO spitting is allowed on the turf surfaces or turf fields.
- Turf shoes and molded cleats are allowed. No metal cleats or screw-in cleats of any kind are allowed.
- All players and coaches must arrive 45 minutes prior to start of their first game to have properly completed the waiver, liability, and membership forms to be eligible to play. If anyone steps onto turf without these forms, the entire team is subject to a forfeit without refund.
- We are an on-time facility – all games will start and end on time. At the discretion of the referee, game times may be condensed to stay on time.
- Maximum Roster Size: Coach’s discretion. Team roster is due prior to the start of the first game.
- No throwing balls on the track or anywhere outside of the nets.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct by team personnel, parents, or spectators will be not tolerated towards referees, coaches, players, or the Pocono Dome staff. All violators are subject to immediate ejection, removal from facility property, and criminal prosecution.
- Fighting will result in game and tournament disqualification.
- No bags on the turf. All equipment must be in designated team bench area (far side of the track, outside of the nets) and is not permitted in the spectator sections or common areas. The Pocono Dome is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- There is NO Refund Policy.
- All players and coaches must remain on the sideline in the team area. Only players and coaches who have signed waiver and membership form clearances are allowed in the designated team area.
- Surrounding Nets: There is to be absolutely no contact with the nets surrounding the playing area.
- Pocono Dome Staff reserve the right to eject anyone not abiding by these rules.
Lacrosse Youth Tournament Game Details:
- 25 minute games – continuous running clock.
- The clock will run at all times, stopping only for serious injury, at the discretion of the referee.
- No timeouts will be granted.
- There will be no overtime periods during the youth tournament. Playoff games that are tied at the end of regulation will go to a penalty shootout format.
- Game Ball – NOCSAE stamped balls only – All game balls will be provided by the Pocono Dome.
- Field Personnel – U9 age bracket: All games are played 6 v 6, five short stick players and a goalie per team on the field at the start of a game. Teams must have a goalie on the field at all times.
- Field Personnel – U11 & U13 age bracket: All games are played 5 v 5, four short stick players and a goalie per team on the field at the start of a game.
- Penalties (All age brackets): There are no man-up / man-down situations. All penalty calls will result in the offending player being sent to the team’s “bench” area, with an immediate substitution.
- Transition (All age brackets): There is a “no-press” rule in effect when a team transitions from defense to offense. All players from the opposing team must pass the center field before any checking begins.
- Back Court Rule (U11 & U13 age brackets): the basketball “Back-court” rule is in effect. Once a team crosses the center field with possession, it must keep the ball in the offensive half of the field or lose possession.
- Shooting – U9 age bracket: Must complete one pass (anywhere on the field) to make the ball hot before scoring a goal.
- Face-Offs occur at the beginning of a game. After each goal the team conceding the goal will retrieve the ball from the goal and begin play.
- At the Face-Off: All players must be located on their own defensive half of the field. U9 age bracket: 3 players along center line and 2 back near own team’s crease. U11 & U13 age brackets: 3 players along the center line and 1 back near own team’s crease. Goalies start the game within crease.
- After a save, the goalie has 4 seconds to throw the ball or step out of the crease
- The goalie may throw the ball from within the crease to any player on the defensive half of the field. If the goalie comes out of the crease he may throw the ball to any player on the field.
- Pulling the Goalie: U11 / U13 teams may substitute their goalie for a fifth short stick player at any time after the start of the game. The entering player must wait for the goalie to exit the playing area before entering as set forth in the substitution rule.
- All substitutions are on the fly.
- Substitutions may be made at any time on an unlimited basis during the game, provided the player substituted for is within two yards of the player entrance area (center field) and does not interfere with play of the game.
Rules Regulating Body Contact
- Unnecessary Force: Generally, any player found guilty of a penalty or penalties may be ejected from the game by the referee if, in the referee’s judgment, the player used unnecessary force.
- Body-Checking: The only legal body-checks shall be push checks, 2 hands together on the stick, with moderate force on the arms, below the shoulders and above the waist, on the ball-carrier only.
- Stick-Checking: Two hands on the stick at all times, no contact with the opponents head / helmet, no one-hand “roundhouse” slashes.
- Off Ball Contact: Limited off-ball contact is permitted. The use of excessive force in off-ball contact shall result in a penalty, and may result in ejection depending on the discretion of the referee.
- Checking From Behind: ANY check from behind on the back of another player’s body shall result in a penalty. A check from behind using excessive force shall result in ejection from the game.
- Fighting: Zero tolerance. Any fighting or violent conduct will result in an immediate ejection from the game. A second offense shall result in immediate ejection from the tournament.
- Turf shoes or molded cleats only are allowed on the turf: NO metal spikes or screw in spikes of any kind are allowed.
- All players must have on appropriate matching team jersey/shirt. MUST BE THE SAME COLOR
- US Lacrosse stick dimensions and rules apply. All players must use short sticks.
- All players are required to wear full Lacrosse equipment (helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads/guards, gloves, cup and mouth guards, goalies: throat guards, chest protector and goalie stick). Penalties will be called for lack of required protective equipment and/or missing mouth guards.
- Dangerous equipment – players shall not be permitted to wear anything deemed dangerous by the referee.
- No jewelry is permitted.
- A one-man system will be used at the discretion of the Pocono Dome.
- The authority of the referee commences when they enter the premises.
- The referee is responsible for the record of the game.
Round Robin Group Play Points Breakdown: 3 Points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss
1 – Head to Head results
2 – Fewest Goals Allowed
3 – Most Goals Scored
4 – Coin Flip (2 team tie) or random draw (3 team tie)